Visit Galeria Echo on 27 October at 4.00 p.m. to watch the Fashion Show of Agnieszka Szlaga as a part of the newest Edition of Off Fashion Academy.
Agnieszka Szlaga – the “Re-mission” collection
Collection: Re-mission, a collection of women’s prêt-à-porter apparel and shoes, with original elements designed for the season of Autumn/Winter 2019/20. Balancing on the edge of beauty and ugliness became the creator’s main point of reference. The main inspiration was drawn from “Last Judgment”, a triptych by Hans Memling. The bindings, straps and leather corsets used in the collection stand for the physical and mental oppression in the world which is caused by ugliness, while the lace masks and leather gloves – are the metaphor of shame. The collection is a tribute to ugliness presented in a beautiful way.
Designer: Graduate with distinction from the Department of Fashion at the Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź.
– Holder of the scholarship funded by
the Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts for the best students in 2018 and 2019.
– Finalist of the OFF FASHION 2019 competition.
– Winner of the 1st place in the “Złoty Guzik Boruty” competition in 2019; 3rd place in 2017.
– Participant of exhibitions devoted to the topic of fashion and design, among others, at the “Proces” exhibition in the Philharmonic in Łódź and “Atelier” in the Gallery of the Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź.
– She presented her works at the International Exhibition in Poznań and during the Philosophy Fashion Week Poland in 2019.
– Her works were published in fashion magazines, among others, in Viva! Moda issue 2/2019